SHEET PAN FAJITAS
1 lb. of flank steak, slice thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 teaspoons of HOMEMADE CHILI AND TACO SEASONING (recipe HERE) or use 1 teaspoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place parchment paper on a large sheet pan.
- Slice steak into thin strips. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning. Rub the spices in with your hands until the steak is well coated. If you have time place this in the fridge to marinate, 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Slice the bell peppers and onions about the same thickness as the steak, so they cook evenly.
- After the steak is marinated, place the peppers and onions in the large bowl with the steak. Add additional spices to the veggies; 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning and 1 teaspoon of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
- Drizzle the melted coconut oil over the steak and veggies and stir well to coat.
- Spread evenly on the sheet pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, stir then bake a little longer until the steak and veggies are done.
- Serve immediately with tortillas, lettuce to wrap, salsa, guacamole, fresh cilantro, cheese, sour cream, etc.